If you are picking your child up at the end of school please be here at 2:50, sign him/her out on the clip board provided and wait in the cafeteria until dismissal at 3:15 PM.
If anyone other than a child’s parent is to dismiss them from school, a note MUST be sent with your child that morning to informthe office of the change. For safety reasons, ONLY PARENTS/GUARDIANS are allowed to dismiss a child without written consent. We do not use a “pick-up list”.
VisitorsAll visitors must check in at the front office. Only parents of preschoolers are allowed to walk their child down to class. All other students and parents are to check in at the office and we will ensure that the student gets to class. If you would like to speak with your child’s teacher please make an appointment first. We will accommodate your schedule.
BussesPlease call the Transportation Department at 508-646-4400 with bussing questions. Temporary bus switching is NOT ALLOWED. (for play-dates, etc.)
Parking & Traffic PatternsPlease observe the ONE WAY, NO PARKING, & Handicap Parking signs posted. Also, please reduce your speed when traveling on school property. Drop-off and dismissal time can become very hazardous for children & parents if these safety rules are ignored. Also, please do not park or travel in the front U - this area is for busses ONLY. Thank You for your attention to this matter.
With many parents waiting out front to get their Luther students off busses, there is a lot of congestion in the bus area. Please make sure that your children do not play on the sidewalks near the busses at dismissal time.
Volunteering, Fingerprint, & CORI ChecksThe Hoyle Elementary School is committed to developing each child's abilities to the fullest extent possible with all the available resources available. Extra activities include School Spirit Days, Family Movie Night, Book Fairs, and various in school programs and field trips. Parent volunteers assist in the library, computer labs, and PTO activities.
CORI checks are required for all school volunteers and personnel. These must be done every three years for safety reasons. You may come to the school to fill out the required form during school hours or see Marlene Santos at the Swansea School Administration Office from 9 AM –2 PM Monday through Thursday. Please make sure to have a photo ID with you. Sorry, we cannot accept CORI checks done at another location.
We suggest doing all safety checks at the beginning of the school year as we do many October Field Trips.
Volunteers must also complete a national fingerpint
-based criminal background check before volunteering.
- Schedule your fingerprinting appointment online at http://www.identogo.com/fp/massachusetts.aspx (or by phone at 866-349-8130).
- Click the Online Scheduling link towards the bottom of the page.
- After providing personal information, select the "Pre-K - 12 Education ESE" menu.
- Volunteers will select "All Other School Personnel".
- Provide Swansea Public Schools ESE Organization Code/Provider ID: 02920000.
- The fee associated with fingerprinting is $55.00 for licensed educators, including those with pending applications/licenses, and $35.00 for all others.
- Upon completion of your registration, you will receive a Registration Confirmation Number which must be brought to your fingerprint appointment.
- A valid, government-issued picture ID (ex. driver’s license) is required.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation!